Sunday 11 December 2011

Magazine Name

After looking at many examples and doing a lot of thinking I have singled my choice of name down to a shortlist of 5. They include:


  • Popcorn
  • Film Focus
  • Film Mag
  • Movie Fanatic
  • Lights, camera, action

I did a focus group using a sample of people of all ages, living all around London and both genders. They rated each title out of 10. These were the results (with comments):

Popcorn - 5.4 (Was said to be too cheesy)

Film Focus - 8.2 (Direct, clear and catchy)

Film Mag - 6.4 

Movie Fanatic - 6.8

Lights, Camera, Action - 7.1 (Not catchy enough or easy to remember)


This focus group has shown me that 'Film Focus' will be the name of my magazine. This name is easy to remember, clear and is perfect for a mainstream magazine (it is similar to Total Film).

No comments:

Post a Comment