Tuesday 24 April 2012

4. How did you use new media technology in the construction and research, planning and evaluating stages?

The program I used to create my magazine and poster was Adobe Photoshop Elements 8. This program gives you the freedom to crop, add effects and manipulate the images in many different ways - this is why it was vital for both of these media platforms.

For example, I used this photograph of my main character Max Steele, running accross the bridge. The image was to be used for my poster as it reflects a lot about the genre, and adds continuity with the marketing of the film (as this is infact a scene in the film).


To cut Steele's figure out I had to use the lassoo tool on photoshop elements. This allowed me to crop him out of the image with ease.



Then I wanted add a sense of anonymity to the image, as one of the convnetions of the genre is mystery. So I used effects such as outer glows.




I used the text tool a lot, as on both a magazine and a poster there are titles, credits, websites, reviews etc. Adobe Elements gives you four different options of type of fonts, You can also choose size.


I also used her smudge tool on parts of my magazine that did not quite look like they bnelonged due to clash of colours. This tool allows you to smoothly merge the two colours.


This tool I used the most. This is the tool used to move parts of the image. With this simple tool, I was able to manipulate the image with ease.


Using all of the tools above, this what my magazine and poster came to look like.
As you can see below, I acheived my final product creating a sense unease, anonimoty, reflecting the genre. The tools on Photoshop Elements 8 helped me to acheive this.



For the trailer, I had to use a program called avid to edit and create the sequence.

In Avid you can create bins in which to place to clips, making it easy to organise all of your work. You can name them images, titles, stills, music etc. This tool makes finding clips very easy increasing productivity when editing the trailer.


On the program you also use the timeline. This is the part of the program where you cna place the actual shots you are using, adding effects, overlappig shots and music. The timelines is good as it make it easy to see all of your shots as a sequence, it also makes actually editing shots and easy task.


One of the effects I used was 'Time code' and 'Blakc and White' and changing the ratio of the shot. This gave an effect of CCTV (as seen below), this was simple to find and place on the shot.

The begginigng shots of riots could not actually be filmed by me or my safety would be put at risk. So using previously fiomed footage, I converted the images and input them to avid. Avid renderd the shots fro me so it was made simple to do this.



To actually shoot the shots I used an HD camera that had excellent picture quality. It was a microphone in the front and the ability to zoom in and out.


There are many sounds that I used in the trailer. The apparatus I used was a microphone, Adobe sound and a sound deck.

Microphone
 Sound deck
 Adobe Audition Software

The impact sounds were created from samples, I then added echoes and more volume.



The drone sound at the beggining was input to add an effect of unease, this came from a sample.

Jon the correspondent sound was created through reading into the microphone, we then added echoes and an effect like a telphone to make it sound like he was reading it as if he were there live.


In the background the sound of fireworks, people jeering, sirens and explosions were added. We kept a constant sound for each of the riot images.


We then put the two together and created the final report.

The whispering was me whispering words in the micropohne, we then copied the sound, overlapped it, and reversed it to make it sound like I was whispering very fast and you cannto understand what I am whispering adding to its ambiguity.

No comments:

Post a Comment