Thursday 24 November 2011

Film Title

To decide what the title to the film will be, I decided to have a focus group between 10 people. I had 12 suggestions of which I got the people in the focus group to rate the name out of 10 (1 being worst and 10 being best). I then took the average number out of 10 for each suggestion.

These were the raw results from the survey:


Title Average Rating
Surveillance 5.7
The Tail 3.3
Shadows 6.7
The Scheme 6
The Shadow Enterprise 6
The Enterprise 6.7
The Arrangement 5.3
The Operation 4.5
The Scheme 6.2
The Architect 6
Blueprint 8
Pursuit 6


From the results you can see that 'Blueprint' is the most favored idea for the title of the film.

This bar chart makes it clear what the result of the focus group was:



The focus group has been a good process as it has helped me in deciding what my title should be. When deciding on the title of my film I will take into account market research (focus group), and research into the genre. I will update the blog on my decision in the coming days over what the title of the film will be.

1 comment:

  1. All good choices Oscar! I think that 'Blueprint' works for the thriller genre - it has the necessary mystery, and implies the theme of control that features in thriller narratives. Good use of a focus group to help you decide, and the results are presented effectively. What was your favourite?

    AJM

    ReplyDelete