Friday 13 January 2012

Magazine Title Cover

I tried many different fonts to use as the title on the masthead for my magazine front covers. These are the fonts.
1. The First 'Enter Sansman' looks to "funky" for the type of publication that I am creating, it is not professional enough.

2. Eagle Bold Cg - This the top candidate. It is bold, professional and easy to read.

3. Geneva - This simply is not thick/bold enough. The title has to catch the readers eye, this does not.

4. Hobo STD - The font is not formal enough for this type of publication

5. Maybe Maybe Not - This font has too much going on in it, it is distracting.

6. PortagolTC TT - This font is too army like. It looks like a telegram.

7. Tahoma - Is simply not bold enough like Geneva.

This is the short list I narrowed down all of the fonts I researched too, yet I gave their benefits or disadvantages. I Am choosing Eagle Bold CG, not only for these reasons above but also because it is similar to that of Empire or Total Film which is following a convention give the type of publication that my magazine will be (mainstream).

No comments:

Post a Comment